To Do List:
Once installed and booted:
- Change the installation source from the DVD to official Debian mirrors.
- Open Terminal and edit /etc/apt/sources.list
su nano /etc/apt/sources.list
Providing that an appropriate mirror was selected during the installation, then all that needs doing is to hash-out the line in sources that refers to the DVD media.
Once the DVD line is hashed-out / commented-out, save the file and exit.
- Install sudo
- Open Terminal (if not already) and become root
- Install sudo from Debian repos / mirror repos
su apt-get install sudo
- Add user to list of authorised “sudoers”
- Become root if not already
- Add user to sudo group (substitute “user1” below with your user’s profile name)
- Log user out of session or reboot computer
- Log in as newly added sudo user
- Open terminal and test sudo commands as user
su adduser user1 sudo
Reboot / Logout
shutdown -r now